Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Slow Cooker Venison Chili











This is what is on the menu for tonight!  It smelled so good when I got home from work, I could hardly wait for my husband to get home!  Well, I did snitch some before he got home.  I couldn't resist!  This recipe can be adapted with whatever beans you want.  Also, lean beef can be substituted for the venison.  This recipe totally fills up my slow-cooker, so we will be eating this tomorrow too.  I also made my favorite corn bread recipe to go with it.  I'll share that next.

1 1/4 cup dry pinto beans
1 cup dry black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans green chilies
1 can corn
1 can tomato soup
1 medium onion (diced)
1 lb venison stew meat or equivalent
1 tsp El Pato hot sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
enough water to cover (2-3 cups)

Soak beans overnight, rinse.  Place beans and all the other ingredients in slow-cooker.  Add enough water to cover everything, cook on low for 8-9 hours.  Top with crackers, cheese, or sour cream.  Great served with corn bread.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment