Just saw this recipe and I can't wait to try it. Sounds super good!
Make homemade Creamy Chicken Rice for a classic supper side dish.
Ingredients (serves 6-8 as a side dish)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain brown rice
- 2 large shallots, minced (or 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring chicken broth and water to a boil in a saucepan. Meanwhile, combine rice, shallots, dried oregano and salt in a 2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Pour chicken broth and water into rice mixture, and stir gently to mix. Bake, covered, for 40-50 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add in cheese and stir until melted. Let rice sit for 5 minutes to thicken before serving.